Responsible for sourcing, attracting, recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding employees. Conduct recruitment efforts for all hourly and salaried positions. Responsible for ensuring great relationships with both candidates and employees.
- Employment Type:Regular, Full-Time
- Industry:Heavy Civil Construction
- Job Function:Human Resources
- Reports to:HR Manager
- Consult with executive management to identify hiring needs and job specifications to source and recruit top talent.
- Advertise Company openings through a multitude of sources; (e.g., direct sourcing, job fairs, job boards, social media, employee referral program, etc.)
- Review market trends and compensation analysis.
- Work with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Comply with all federal and state laws and company policies regarding recruitment and selection processes
- Proactively develop candidate pipeline and network of prospects for future opportunities.
- Review applications and interview applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and wage requirements
- Maintain documentation in applicant tracking log.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates pre-hire through first day of employment (i.e., communicate status, answer questions, extend offers, coordinate start dates, and coordinate all follow-up efforts including our hiring decisions).
- Serve as further point of contact throughout the employment for successful onboarding of all employees.
- Assist with identifying high-potential employees, as well as training and development.
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience.
- Coordinate pre-employment testing including drug, equipment or other testing as needed.
- Assist and Participate in New Hire Orientations, Training and Development.
- Maintain recruitment status tracking reports.
- Support HR Team and participate in special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection and training.
- Excellent communication, interviewing, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience using job boards, resume databases and social media techniques to locate candidates.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws regarding employment, recruitment and general human resource practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are imperative.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of experience in recruiting or four (4) years experience in a related field.
- Experience recruiting in a construction or industrial environment required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Minimum workweek will be 40 hours with extra time as required to fulfill position responsibilities.
- May be required to travel to jobsites on occasion. Jobsite conditions will vary depending on type of work being performed; however, employee may be exposed to dust and noise while on a jobsite. May be required to travel to job fairs.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government's E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688